Saturday, January 07, 2012

With My Head in the Clouds

Photos by Zinta Aistars
from Asylum Lake, Portage, Michigan






Busy, yes, as always, but why not take a moment, steal a few if I must, to walk in the woods? Breathe in that cool, feel that solid earth beneath my feet, tangle with the trees, reflect in the sheen of ice on the lake, but perhaps most of all to look up, up, up at the rare blue of a winter sky and float there with the clouds ...




"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." ~ Richard Brautigan




"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky."  ~ Rabindranath Tagore




“Thirty-nine years of my life had passed before I understood that clouds were not my enemy; that they were beautiful, and that I needed them. I suppose this, for me, marked the beginning of wisdom. Life is short.”   ~Iimani David




“And from the midst of cheerless gloom I passed to bright unclouded day.”   ~ Emily Bronte




“How sweet the morning air is! See how that one little cloud floats like a pink feather from some gigantic flamingo." ~ Arthur Conan Doyle



“Aren't the clouds beautiful? They look like big balls of cotton... I could just lie here all day, and watch them drift by... If you use your imagination, you can see lots of things in the cloud formations... What do you think you see, Linus?"

"Well, those clouds up there look like the map of the British Honduras on the Caribbean... That cloud up there looks a little like the profile of Thomas Eakins, the famous painter and sculptor... And that group of clouds over there gives me the impression of the stoning of Stephen... I can see the apostle Paul standing there to one side..."

"Uh huh... That's very good... What do you see in the clouds, Charlie Brown?"

"Well, I was going to say I saw a ducky and a horsie, but I changed my mind!”  
~Charles M. Shulz



“It is better to have your head in the clouds, and know where you are... than to breathe the clearer atmosphere below them, and think that you are in paradise.”    ~ Henry David Thoreau


No comments:

Post a Comment