Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Vitamin K and Being Light

by Zinta Aistars



Eleven years of my career, of my life, were spent on staff at Kalamazoo College. I freelance for the college still, mostly because, well, I just need that Vitamin K. I love academia. It is a world of intellectual wonder and curiosity, an ambiance of sparking ideas. One of the publications for which I freelance is called BeLight, which is the meaning of Kalamazoo College's motto: Lux Esto. Three articles appear in the current (January 2010) online issue of BeLight. (Click on title to view article.)

ARE WE THERE YET?

For three freshmen (children of "K" employees) the long journey to college is a neighborhood walk.





MAGISTER

For more than 40 years, John Wickstrom has breathed life into medieval history for countless students. He and some of his former students reflect on his long tenure at "K."





THE SMOKING POET ON VITAMIN K

Writer-in-Residence Di Seuss and 17 "K" students publish poems in the TSP.








No comments:

Post a Comment